Description

Reports and Articles for Fishing, Rockhounding, Hiking, and other Adventures in North Carolina

The Drakage

My photo
I'm a 33 yr old lifetime fisherman and outdoor enthusiast. I'm a North Carolinian who has lived all over the state. WCU Alumni!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

SLABS!!!

 Went out to Jordan on Saturday around 9am to play, "Lets find a crappie" I had heard a report they might be shallow 3-4ft. in Jordan, so we started hitting the banks with no luck, so I headed out to the 6-7ft. range with stump fields and standin timber. We put on floats and set then out with about 5 1/2 foot up from the jig, then just started driftin and pulling the bobber's about a foot at a time. Within a min. Baker caught the first fish of the day big ol' white crappie. After that we used that same pattern to slay 4 more big Crappie within a half hour. It's started to rain good and we paddled back with smiles. Mission accomplished, Crappie "slabs" have been found. Catch and release today...
My girlfriend's first big crappie!!!This year.

We were just using smallish white or yellow jigs to catch these fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment