Description

Reports and Articles for Fishing, Rockhounding, Hiking, and other Adventures in North Carolina

The Drakage

My photo
I'm a 33 yr old lifetime fisherman and outdoor enthusiast. I'm a North Carolinian who has lived all over the state. WCU Alumni!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Idea and the Transition ...

So, today i have been unemployed for 1 year after losing my job at a wilderness treatment facility in Pittsboro, NC. It's been real tough, so many changes, so many choices to make   (where to hunt and fish*)  and staying afloat in a poor economy with a mortgage payment looming each month. But, i have made it work one way or another, and have reached 30 years old in the mean time. Looking back a couple years, when things were stable and easy.  I always knew when i turned 30 there was going to be a big changes in my life....   

Well, I have taken the first step to changing my life...  I have enrolled in a Boat Captain course to be a Fishing Guide.  Simply, my plan is to sell my home / buy a boat,  move to the coast and pursue a life of a Fisherman,  guide and outfitter in the wonderful state of North Carolina.  My house is on the wonderful market and I start classes Feb. 18th 2011. Hopefully all things will fall into place. . .


1 comment:

  1. i hope everything goes in the right direction, when u finally open your guide service post it on ncangler as i would love to go with you

    ReplyDelete