Description

Reports and Articles for Fishing, Rockhounding, Hiking, and other Adventures in North Carolina

The Drakage

My photo
I'm a 33 yr old lifetime fisherman and outdoor enthusiast. I'm a North Carolinian who has lived all over the state. WCU Alumni!

Sunday, April 6, 2014












Been looking for the elusive Walleye (pike if you’re a local) in Fontana and the Little Tennessee River. I’ve caught every species of bass possible without being able to land one-eye yet this year. Here are a few photos of my recent adventures. I’m eating on a paleo diet starting April 1st. So it’s white bass/spotted for dinner the next few nights!!! Happy hunting!

I caught most of the fish on a pearl white grub/jig. A few of the spotted bass fell for a finesse Rapala crankbait fished quickly over rocks. I saw a fella in a boat pull two eye’s out using a hard bait fished in current over rocks. And I missed a hookup ten feet off the bank from a nice one. Guess it keeps ya going back.

You can really see the size of that whitebass, I think it's close to my PB especially in the mnt's. Nuts, fruit, veggies and whitebass. I can handle this for now, hunting ramps soon to cook with trout starting in a few days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment