Description

Reports and Articles for Fishing, Rockhounding, Hiking, and other Adventures in North Carolina

The Drakage

My photo
I'm a 33 yr old lifetime fisherman and outdoor enthusiast. I'm a North Carolinian who has lived all over the state. WCU Alumni!

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Mid Sept. French Float....

I love In-line spinners!!!Meps #4 gold blade.


Caught a few on the green jigs
Today we caught less fish from the trip before but, the fish on average were alittle larger. I picked up the first fish from the bank before the boat hit the water, i was fixing my line and hooked a one pound er. Within the first mile we caught the big fish for the day tad under 3lb. I'd say. It  took an meps in-line #4 gold blade spinner about 6 1/2 feet from the boat. I live for the short strikes near the boat by big fish, it was really similar to a fish i caught on the same bait up-north. I think we might have caught around a dozen small mouth bass and one baby muskie. River being alitter higher i think made for as tougher bite and seemed that only the bigger fish were feeding tight to cover.  Great fall views of Biltmore!! cool river to paddle.

1 comment:

  1. Never floated the French before. I've only hit the New River.

    ReplyDelete