Description

Reports and Articles for Fishing, Rockhounding, Hiking, and other Adventures in North Carolina

The Drakage

My photo
I'm a 33 yr old lifetime fisherman and outdoor enthusiast. I'm a North Carolinian who has lived all over the state. WCU Alumni!

Saturday, December 13, 2014

"Trout Life"

I've spent a few weekends this fall in the West Jefferson area getting ready for deer hunting and doing some trout fishing. I've fished the north and south forks of the New and Big Helton creek (which is delayed harvest catch and release single hook artificial only waters). 

Missed the biggest Brown Trout of my life on the North fork throwing a in-line spinner for a few cast randomly (it was a massive log of a fish!).  But I have caught a lot of nice fish on both the fly and spinning rods techniques recently. 



Trout on ice and fly

 Hatchery Supported Dinner (not delayed harvest waters). Lucky to find a few fish still left in those waters this time of year... 

No comments:

Post a Comment