Description

Reports and Articles for Fishing, Rockhounding, Hiking, and other Adventures in North Carolina

The Drakage

My photo
I'm a 33 yr old lifetime fisherman and outdoor enthusiast. I'm a North Carolinian who has lived all over the state. WCU Alumni!

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Big Helton DH fly-fishing

I was in West Jefferson overnight and decided to wake up early and fish the Big Helton Creek near the VA line. Got to the water around 8ish and began casting left and right. Not much luck for the first little bit and no bites in the first spot. Moved up stream to another hole and found two small rainbow's in the fast water. Tied some new gear on and moved up into a big hole near a bridge (the one they must have dumped them from) Right next to the bridge I caught 4 nice brook trout, all over 12in. I seen one come out of the dark and look at my fly that could have pushed 18-20 in. All in all I had a great trip with good weather and scenery. Glad to know those fish will be in that delayed harvest water till the spring time.. I hope...





No comments:

Post a Comment